As part of post-graduation, I am attempting to “read my shelves.” I will be embarking on a quest to read the books on my bookshelves, rather than borrowing books from friends or the library. I’ve always had the mentality that the books on my bookshelves will always be there, and I can read them anytime I feel like it. I want to change this. I want to read the books I own, so I can recommend them and lend them to others.
So here are the rules:
1. I can’t check out books from the library. Can’t do it. Won’t do it.
2. Unless…I’ve already placed the book on hold. I mean, I’ve been waiting for some of these books for almost a year. I will read those if they come in.
3. I’m gonna read the books people have already lent me. I’ve had a couple of those for almost a year…yikes!
4. I will do this for at least the rest of this year and maybe the rest.
5. I will blog about the books I read.
So here we go! I’m gonna read my shelves!